Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Living A Paradox

How do you reconcile being a true Christian yet still struggling with "feeling down" every day -- especially when, not only do you have the blessings and promises that come from a relationship with God, but your earthly circumstances just really aren't that bad?  How do you deal with the fact that the vast majority of the people in your church do not understand (or try to) and tend to think there's something wrong with you spiritually, or that you should just "snap out of it," etc.?  How do you handle being a man who *feels* rather deeply and intensely, when most men experience only four feelings: hungry, tired, angry, and horny?

A few months ago, I started a blog called When I Get To Heaven, because I thought that that encapsulated my personal, spiritual battlefield.  I have since realized, however, that focusing on heaven is paramount, but it is actually only one weapon in the overall war.  We all share common struggles.  We all have our personal battles as well.  This is mine.  For this reason, I have decided to transition to this blog.  Hopefully, if this is your struggle as well, we will both benefit from my sharing as I fight.  If it is not yours, perhaps you will benefit anyway; or, maybe you know someone else who could.

No comments:

Post a Comment